Facilitator of Programs and Services
Full-time, One Year Contract
Please submit resume and cover letter by Friday, April 21st, 2016 to:
1081 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl, A1N 5G1
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Facilitator of Programs and Services
Position type: Pilot – 1 year contract
Responsible to: Director of Programs and Services
Objective: It is expected that the incumbent will adhere to, practice and
promote hard of hearing and late-deafened philosophy and
principles; support existing programs and services of the
association and be directly responsible for the provision of
Programs and Services outlined under duties and responsibilities,
this includes supporting CHHA-NL resource groups and activities,
LEAP, facilitating daycare and school presentation programs, and
the health care audit program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facilitator of Programs and Services is accountable for the following key duties and
1. Act as staff liaison to CHHA-NL resource groups. This may include development
of proposals for group initiatives, planning events, providing assistance when
required and attending meetings and events when applicable.
2. Plan, organize, develop materials and facilitate the CHHA-NL LEAP Youth
Program (Leadership, Empowerment and Achievement Program).
3. Develop, facilitate and deliver daycare, school presentations (grade 4
presentations) and other public presentations as required..
4. Coordinate CHHA-NL Special Funds and associated application and database
procedures (Special Assistance, Public Accessibility, etc)
5. Coordinate CHHA-NL Donation and Special Purchase Programs (Hushh-Ups
School Purchase Program, Adopt-a-Daycare Program, Fire Alert Program, etc.).
6. Assist the Coordinator of Education and Awareness with hearing conservation
education and awareness activities when required including the development of
7. In consultation with the Director of Programs and Services, research, plan and
write project funding proposals for outside funding sources and funders to meet
the needs of the Programs and Services Department with regard to client/
hearing health professional needs and P&S goals of the strategic plan.
8. Oversee the maintenance of all databases and records for programs for which
the position is responsible including financial records and budget forecasting.
9. As required, to create or assist with the development and delivery of professional
presentations, workshops, displays and/ educational seminars on a variety of
subjects related to hearing loss and/or hearing loss prevention.
10. Develop and maintain relationships with hearing health, other allied health
professionals, institutional, educational and community contacts and agencies to
support the development, delivery and sustainability of the association’s
programs and services.
11. Be knowledgeable about, and current on, issues related to hearing loss and the
needs of clients and related professionals. Discusses client/professional/industry
issues and trends with the Director of Programs and Services in order to develop
services to meet client needs and or advocate on their behalf.
12. Identify and participate in professional development and education needs related
to job performance.
13. Participate in various committees and working groups of CHHA-NL as required.
14. Attend CHHA-NL staff and board meetings as required.
15. Compile and distribute reports to the Director of Programs and Services and
Executive Director as required.
16. Assist other staff with the development and delivery of programs and services
17. Participate in Outreach related activities and be willing to conduct one outreach
trip for a maximum of one week a year if required.
18. Any other duties as needed or identified by the Director of Programs &
Services and the Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Some knowledge of hearing loss and current challenges and opportunities
relating to the organization
• Proficiency in the use of computers for:
• Word processing (MS Word)
• Desktop Publishing
• Database management software (Excel, Access)
• CRM – Customer Relationship Management Software (Salsa)
The Facilitator of Programs and Services is required to work a standard work week of
37.5 hours and will often be required to work evenings, weekends and overtime hours to
accommodate programs and services activities. The Facilitator of Programs and
Services will require the use of a vehicle for some position duties and must hold a valid
driver’s license while employed by CHHA-NL with adequate vehicle and liability
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
a. University degree or equivalent combination of education and applicable
b. Experience providing programs and services or education/experience in a related
c. Strong organization, time management and facilitation skills
d. Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills.
e. Strong computer knowledge and skills.
f. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
g. Access to a vehicle and be a valid driver as per CHHA-NL policy (proof of a valid
driver’s license, vehicle insurance and registration).
h. Willing to complete and pass the Hearing Loss Support Specialist Course within
3 months of hire.
i. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment an asset
j. Experience supervising volunteers an asset.
k. Experience writing funding proposals an asset.
l. Comprehensive knowledge about, and supportive of Canadian Hard of Hearing
Association philosophy and practical application of same.