CHHA-NL offers 2 ways to learn lipreading – both online and in-person.
Speech (lip) reading is a skill that can improve overall communication and daily life. Classes help adults with hearing loss (as well as family members, friends, professionals, and interested members of the community) develop communication skills to build confidence at home, at work, or during leisure time.
Speechreading Level 1 is an introduction to a variety of lip movements – those that are the easiest to identify on the mouth and face.
In-Person Classes – Lipreading & Speechreading Level 1
What are in-person classes like?
- Fun, informal classes taught by a trained Speechreading Instructor
- Class size is limited to 12 people
- Taught in a fully hearing accessible building
- Class participants represent a wide variety of ages
- Family members are welcomed and encouraged to register and attend
In-person classes take place for 8 weeks – 1 class per week (2 hours)
Classes location: CHHA-NL Provincial Office (1081 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl).
Wednesdays beginning Wednesday, March 25, 2020 (No class April 8th)
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The cost to attend the in-person course (8 weeks) is $49 and all materials are provided.
Registration and Questions
To sign up, please contact the CHHA-NL office at (709) 753-3224.
Payment accepted Visa, Mastercard (by phone or in person) or cash (in person)
For more information please contact Andrea at (709) 753-3224 ext: 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
April 2 – May 21
Online Self-Paced Lipreading Class – Read Our Lips
What are online classes like?
- Self-paced (practice on your own schedule and watch videos as much as needed)
- Available wherever there is high-speed internet
- Captioning for hearing accessibility
- Perfect for beginners, or those looking to practice their skills.
- Interactive lessons (practice by answering questions)
- free course preview available