Safe and Sound
Safe and Sound: An Online Program for Science 4
Safe & Sound is a complimentary online curriculum resource for Grade 4 teachers in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Grade 4 teachers may sign up for access to the Safe & Sound Web site at any time, but the program is most active from November – February each year.
Our engaging Safe & Sound Grade 4 materials include video, audio, activity suggestions, online quizzes and resource materials and covers the following topics:
- How We Hear (ear anatomy)
- How We Measure Sound (decibels)
- What Does Hearing Loss Sound Like?
- Noise & How Loud is Too Loud?
- How Noise Causes Hearing Damage
- What We Can Do to Protect Our Hearing
Visit the Safe & Sound Web site for more details, or to sign up.
For More Program Information or Additional Classroom Presentation Requests, Please Contact
Facilitator of Programs & Services
(709) 753-3224 ext: 227