You have the opportunity to spend a fun-filled weekend with other families!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Give your child a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow. A family camp for hard of hearing, late-deafened and oral deaf children and youth ages 5-13 – make new friends, gain confidence and have FUN!
- Thanks to your generous donations, and support of our lotteries, we provide summer camp scholarships to 20 families (covering the cost of camp for 1 child and 1 parent/guardian)
- Additional family members are welcome to attend for a cost of $100.00 per person (includes meals, accommodations & all camp activities).
WHAT OUR CAMPERS HAVE TO SAY…
WHAT HAPPENS AT CAMP?
Each year a new THEME appears at camp
For Campers: Games, Wacky Olympics, Outdoor Play, Crafts and much, much more.
For Families: Team-Building Challenges, Family movie night and more.
For Parents/Guardians: Grab a tea or coffee and join us for informative sessions while the campers enjoy supervised play. Chat with other parents and learn more about hearing loss and other topics such as confidence-building, bullying, and technology in an informal and relaxed environment.
MEET THE RYAN FAMILY
APPLY TO ATTEND
August 23 – 25, 2019
Lion Max Simms Memorial Camp
All applications must be received by
July 5, 2019
- This summer camp is a family camp for children who are hard of hearing, ages 5-13 in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Each year Summer Camp has a different theme that is followed with related, fun-filled, activities, crafts and games.
- The camp offers a mixture of family activities, opportunities for the parents to learn and share with each other. During Summer Camp, children have the opportunity to develop their social skills in a safe environment with their like peers.
- At this camp, it is required that AT LEAST ONE parent or legal guardian (over the age of 18) accompany their child for the duration of the summer camp. This includes two overnight stays. Staff and volunteers will be coordinating the camp and facilitating the activities, however parents are ultimately responsible for supervising their child.
This year’s Family Summer Camp will be held at Lion Max Simm’s Memorial Camp, near Bishop Falls, from Friday, August 23 at 4:00 PM to Sunday, August 25 at 10:00 AM.
APPLICATION & FEES:
- CHHA-NL offers the Family Summer Camp program free of charge for up to 20 families (defined as one child with hearing loss and one parent/guardian) from Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first serve basis.
- All applicants will be notified by mid July to confirm acceptance to the summer camp. A $50 camp deposit is required per family with this application to hold your spot. Deposits will be refunded to all families at the end of camp on Sunday, August 25. This deposit is non-refundable to families who register for camp,and do not show up or do not cancel on or before August 2, 2019.
- Additional family members are welcome to attend camp, (second parent/guardian, siblings) for an additional cost of $100 per person. This fee covers costs of accommodations, meals, and activities. Deposits and fees for additional family members can be paid online (see link below), cheque or in person at our office (1081 Topsail Rd, Mount Pearl).
Link for online payment: https://chhanl.salsalabs.org/summercamp2018copy1
For more information, or to request a copy of our camp application in the mail, please contact us.
SUMMER CAMP HIGHLIGHTS
Watch some FUN highlights from our previous camps. The smiles tell a really great story! We love spending time with our campers and families each Summer.