CHHA National – www.chha.ca – see their links section for many more resources.
Resources in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (NLASLPA).
- Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission – Hearing Loss Policy
Provincial Hearing Aid Program (PHAP)
PHAP provides hearing aids for all children (under the age of 18) and full time secondary students through regional public health audiology clinics. PHAP also provides hearing aids for adults with financial need.
For an adult to qualify for PHAP, a financial assessment is done by the Department of Advanced Education and Skills (find the telephone number for your region). For more information, please contact us.
Find a copy of the application form here.
For more information on accessing the Provincial Hearing Aid Program, please contact us.
Disability Tax Credit
The disability tax credit (DTC) is a non-refundable tax credit that helps persons with disabilities or their supporting persons reduce the amount of income tax they may have to pay.
For more information, go to www.cra.gc.ca/dtc or call 1-800-959-8281.
Hearing Loss Information
- Canadian Academy of Audiology
- Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA)
- Hearing Foundation of Canada – www.hearingfoundation.ca
- Dr. Ross on Hearing Loss (articles on hearing loss and hearing aids)
- Association for Late-Deafened Adults – http://www.alda.org/
- Hearing Loss News and Information – http://www.hear-it.org/
- Healthy Hearing –http://www.healthyhearing.com/
- Better Hearing Institute – www.betterhearing.org
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing – www.agbell.org
- H.E.A.R (Hearing Awareness and Education for Rockers)- www.hearnet.com
- Dangerous Decibels – http://www.dangerousdecibels.org
- Hearing Loss Association of America – www.shhh.org
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) –http://www.asha.org
- Hear the World – http://www.hear-the-world.com
- ListenToYourBuds.org – For kids,parents and educators
- NIDCD – student and teacher activities
- www.hearingaidforums.com – read what other consumers are saying about hearing aids
- American Tinnitus Association – http://www.ata.org/
- ENT net – http://www.entnet.org/healthinformation/