CHHA National – www.chha.ca – see their links section for many more resources.
Resources in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (NLASLPA).
- Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission – Hearing Loss Policy
Provincial Hearing Aid Program (PHAP)
Individuals on low income may be eligible for hearing aid funding under the Provincial Hearing Aid Program.
To determine candidacy for this program, individuals must complete a financial assessment application through the Department of Advanced Education and Skills.
*Please note: While this application is used to assess candidacy for income support, it is also used to assess financial candidacy for other programs. PHAP is one of those programs.
If you qualify for the Provincial Hearing Aid Program, hearing aids are provided through your regional public health audiology office.
- Eastern Health Audiology Assessment Self-Referral Form (PDF)
For more information on accessing the Provincial Hearing Aid Program, please contact us.
Disability Tax Credit
The disability tax credit (DTC) is a non-refundable tax credit that helps persons with disabilities or their supporting persons reduce the amount of income tax they may have to pay.
For more information, go to www.cra.gc.ca/dtc or call 1-800-959-8281.
Hearing Loss Information
- Canadian Academy of Audiology
- Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA)
- Hearing Foundation of Canada – www.hearingfoundation.ca
- Dr. Ross on Hearing Loss (articles on hearing loss and hearing aids)
- Association for Late-Deafened Adults – http://www.alda.org/
- Hearing Loss News and Information – http://www.hear-it.org/
- Healthy Hearing –http://www.healthyhearing.com/
- Better Hearing Institute – www.betterhearing.org
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing – www.agbell.org
- H.E.A.R (Hearing Awareness and Education for Rockers)- www.hearnet.com
- Dangerous Decibels – http://www.dangerousdecibels.org
- Hearing Loss Association of America – www.shhh.org
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) –http://www.asha.org
- Hear the World – http://www.hear-the-world.com
- ListenToYourBuds.org – For kids,parents and educators
- NIDCD – student and teacher activities
- www.hearingaidforums.com – read what other consumers are saying about hearing aids
- American Tinnitus Association – http://www.ata.org/
- ENT net – http://www.entnet.org/healthinformation/