Position: Social Enterprise Digital Development Coordinator (37.5 hours per week)
The Development Coordinator will work to support the expansion of the social enterprise Read Our Lips through online technology development and enhancement. Read Our Lips is a technology product (online teaching and learning) created by the non-profit Canadian Hard of Hearing Association – Newfoundland and Labrador and is designed to help adults improve communication skills by learning to lipread. This is particularly useful to adults who experience hearing challenges (1 in 5 of the population). The course can be found at readourlips.ca
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing the Read Our Lips online product for licensing partners in other countries (modifications to existing software) through modifications to existing web platform and content including creating digital (online) content resources.
- Creating additional online course segments through the digitization of class materials that were previously taught in-person only (video production, creating content in digital online class formats etc)
- Sharing the Read Our Lips product in sales demonstrations (video based).
- Analyzing data from demonstration sign-ups and from social media advertising to determine projected targets (B2B and consumer) for next business year.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in business (or a Bachelors degree with related work experience)
- Strong interest in working in a fast paced, start-up style environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with web development and/or developing online learning content would be an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Alison Butler, Project Manager
Read Our Lips