The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association – Newfoundland and Labrador (CHHA-NL) offers a complimentary hearing screening program every Tuesday at our Provincial office at 1081 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl, NL by appointment only. Our staff are trained in Occupational Hearing Conservation and are Hearing Loss Support Specialists.
This screening could benefit you if:
- you have never had a hearing test that indicated reduced hearing
- you have difficulty hearing in noise or in certain settings
- others are suggesting you aren’t hearing as well as you used to
A hearing screening can be your first step toward better hearing health
WHAT IS A HEARING SCREENING?
A screening is a quick test to see how well you hear certain sounds that are important for understanding speech. If you do not pass the hearing screening, you will be referred to a hearing care professional for a complete hearing evaluation, including treatment options, if deemed necessary.
Please note: Hearing screenings are not full hearing evaluations. A hearing screening will determine if your hearing falls within the normal hearing range. If the results of your hearing screening do not fall within the normal range, you will be referred to an appropriate hearing health professional. We do not provide hearing screenings to individuals with diagnosed hearing loss and/or Tinnitus. It is recommended that individuals with persistent Tinnitus visit an ENT and/or Audiologist for an appropriate hearing assessment. If you would like information on hearing loss and Tinnitus please send your request to email@example.com.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- At this time, we are requiring that ALL visitors wear a mask and sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- You will be asked to provide your name and phone number for COVID-19 tracking purposes.
- You will be asked to complete an Assessment of your hearing challenges.
- Before we place the headphones over your ears, you will be asked to remove glasses and earrings, and push hair behind ears. This will help ensure the headphones have a good seal around your ears.
- Your hearing screening will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Staff will let you know if you PASS or if you DID NOT PASS and next steps to take.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Steps we are taking to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Staff wear clear masks for clear communication and regularly use hand sanitizer.
- Screening everyone for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Glass barriers installed in reception and client services room.
- Hand sanitizer readily available to everyone.
- Extra sanitization of reception, waiting room, hearing screening booth and equipment, and client services room.
Hearing Screenings take place at:
1081 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl, NL
TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Click the red button that says “Book your appointment here“
Or click HERE to go to the appointment booking page.